India face a do-or-die challenge in Ahmedabad today against the world's number one T20 team, England. The English are already 2-1 up in the 5-match series and a win for
and his boys today will see them win their first bilateral T20 series vs India.
and his men have to win today's encounter to stay alive in the series and take it into the fifth and final match to decide the series.
Ahead of the crucial fourth T20I here are some big team and individual player statistics:
* England have a chance to record their first multi-game bilateral men’s T20I series victory over India, their record stands at one drawn series and two defeats; they currently lead the five-match series vs India 2-1.
* India have alternated between victory and defeat across their last six men’s T20I matches versus England. They go into the fourth match having suffered an eight-wicket loss against Eoin Morgan’s side in the last encounter (March 16, 2021).
* England have managed to record a win in eight of their last nine men’s T20I matches when chasing
* India tasted an eight-wicket defeat last time out versus England, they have not suffered back-to-back men’s T20I defeats against the same opponent since February 2019 (against Australia).
* Indian captain Virat Kohli needs just 55 runs to become the highest run-getter against England in men’s T20Is, he has scored 496 runs from 15 innings; only Australian Aaron Finch has scored more runs against England (550 runs in 12 innings).
* Indian opener KL Rahul recorded ducks in his last two T20I innings, the only Indian to record more consecutive ducks in men’s T20I is his teammate
(three between December 2019 and January 2020).
(921) are closing in on 1,000 runs in men’s T20I cricket, only five men have reached the milestone for England; Roy is one of the three batsmen to score over 100 runs in this series (Virat Kohli and Jos Buttler are the other two).
* Indian captain Virat Kohli has dropped eight catches in T20Is since the start of 2019, the most recorded by any player from a Test-playing nation during that period
* Jos Buttler recorded his highest ever T20I score during his last time out against India (83*); he has now scored 312 runs versus the host nation, only his captain Eoin Morgan has scored more against India (342).
* England pacer Jofra Archer has bowled 40 dot balls so far in this series, 14 more than any Indian player and has a dot ball rate of 53% which is a series-high number; only one of his 72 deliveries have pitched on a half volley length or fuller.